I know this may sound strange but I love diffusing GuruNanda Rosemary essential oil in my car! What? Why your car? Great question! This helps me keep my focus and for me, driving long distances allows me to process my thoughts. I know hearing this may sound strange from someone who lives in the horrendous traffic in Los Angeles but it’s true! For me, driving isn’t stressful. I actually look forward to driving long distances because I feel like I can have some quiet time in my car without my phone and texting and emails. Diffusing GuruNanda Rosemary essential oil is stimulating to my senses and therefore just by breathing it in I feel clearer to concentrate.
Historically, Rosemary was once thought to be an aid for poor digestion, migraines, joint disorders, and muscle aches. It originates from the Mediterranean regions and was used to ceremoniously remember ancestors of certain cultures. It was also known to protect against the plague.
My parents diffuse GuruNanda Rosemary essential oil to help assist with memory. As we age, our memory can get a bit foggy. Rosemary essential oil is known to stimulate the memory. They add about 10 to 12 drops of GuruNanda Rosemary essential oil to their diffuser and keep it running in the living room. A study found on pubmed.gov showed that Rosemary essential oil produced a significant improvement in performance quality of memory and secondary memory factors in healthy adults. It also helped them remain more alert.
For full benefits: diffuse the oil through your room, inhale directly or rub over your temples.
Using Rosemary Essential Oil In Your Daily Routine
What are your go-to remedies during cold and flu season?
Rosemary has been used medically for centuries as an antiseptic, an aid in digestive and respiratory health, and in skincare. Regular use can stimulate the activity of antioxidants which aid in the fight of infection and disease and will help to boost your immune system. It can be used singularly, or as an additive to carrier oils and other oils for increased bacteria fighting properties.
DIY Recipe Materials Needed:
- Rosemary essential oil
- spray bottle
For Respiratory Issues:
- Add 15 drops of rosemary essential oil to a bowl of steaming hot water.
- Breath in the vapors.
- TIP: lean over the bowl and throw a towel over Your head so none of the good vapors escape.
- Blend 2 drops of rosemary oil with a dab of a carrier oil (Fractionated Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil)
- rub on throat and/or chest in addition to bottoms of feet.
- Combine 50 drops rosemary oil and 10 oz. of water in a spray bottle.
- Shake well before using
- TIP: use this inside gym shoes, as a carpet freshener, and to disinfect trash cans.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary oil to a 1 oz. spray bottle to use on the go.
- Use around a sniffling or sneezing friend
- Massage 2-5 drops of rosemary oil onto the scalp before bed, rinse with a mild shampoo in the morning.
- If you have a more severe case, combine 2 drops each of rosemary oil, tea tree oil, and peppermint oil along with a carrier oil such as Fractionated Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil.
- Massage onto the scalp, let sit overnight, rinse with a mild shampoo in the morning.
- Add 2-5 drops of rosemary oil to liquid castile soap, use as an anti-dandruff shampoo.