Nowadays, everyone has a fear of dentists...
- It is estimated that as many as 75% of US adults experience some degree of dental fear, from mild to severe.
- Approximately 5 to 10 percent of U.S. adults are considered to experience dental phobia; that is, they are so fearful of receiving dental treatment that they avoid dental care at all costs! But there is a really cool alternative for it, Oil Pulling.
- Simply take a teaspoon of coconut, sesame or sunflower oil and swish it around your teeth for perfect oral hygiene! Here is how oil pulling benefits your oral health;
Minimize Risk of Gum Disease
While we have an inclination to get over-obsessed over the appearance of our teeth, the gums are also an integral part of your oral hygiene.
- Periodontal (or gum) diseases range from simple gum inflammation to very serious illness that may result in major damage to the soft tissues and bone that support the teeth.
- In a recent study, oil pulling helps to reduce rates of gingivitis by an incredible 52-60%.
Use Oil Pulling and Say Good-bye to Bad Breath
Oil pulling can reduce bad breath. When it comes to bad breath, minty-fresh gums can only do so little. Chronic bad breath, also known as a condition called “halitosis”, can be a major issue and much more than a sign that you’ve eaten too many onions.
- In fact, bad breath is often the result of potentially harmful bacteria accumulated in the mouth.
- Many people notice a significant change in their breath odor once they start regular use of oil pulling.
- This phenomenon has been documented in many clinical case studies, and is also believed to be because of the removal of odor-causing microbes.
While many individuals who take up oil pulling believe that it really whitens their teeth, the exact mechanism of this action has never been completely understood.
- Some specialists believe that a daily oil swishing can aid to remove the tooth stains created by eating up various foods and beverages, whereas others attribute this phenomenon to a strengthening and coloration (pink) of the gums that simply makes the teeth look whiter.
- It is also believed that the teeth are covered with a layer of oil and that is how it gets extra shine and whiteness to it.
There is no need to spend so much by getting expensive treatments from dentists for your oral healthcare. Let Oil pulling help you improve your oral hygiene and that beautiful smile of yours!