Are you starting to lose a little more hair than you'd like?
It's shocking to find out that 2/3 of men begin to experience hair loss by age 35 while 40% of women suffer the same fate.
This article will tell you about the best essential oils for hair growth so that you can fight back!
While many essential oils can help, this article will explore which oil makes hair grow faster.
What are the Best Essential Oils for Hair Growth?
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Circulation: By bringing oxygenated cells to the area where baldness is occurring, you are encouraging cell regeneration as well as healing the scalp. This also helps heal hair follicles.
- Activates Channel Ions: Ion channels are pore-forming membrane proteins which allow ions to pass through the channel pore. Peppermint Essential Oil can help heal the cellular structures in the scalp to encourage hair growth.
- Antipruritic: This helps to reduce itching which is especially helpful if you have a dry scalp. Often times, excessive scratching can damage your pores, so it's best to keep the itchiness at bay.
- Cooling: The cooling action of Peppermint Essential Oil feels good on your scalp and can help to relieve any tense or stressed muscles in the scalp.
Rosemary Essential Oil
- Antioxidant: For centuries, people have used Rosemary Essential for hair. This helps to decrease free radical-induced skin damage. This means it is clarifying and can help clean up dead skin, damaged skin, and get pollutants and unwanted molecules out of your hair follicles.
- Circulation: Similar to Peppermint Essential Oil, promoting more circulation is crucial to hair regrowth. Cells in the body tend to focus on whichever area has more circulation.
- Dandruff: Dandruff can cause damage to the scalp, causing additional hair loss. Rosemary Essential Oil can also help reduce dandruff, making it one of the best essential oils for hair growth.
Geranium Essential Oil
- Sebum Balance: Glands in your skin produce an oily substance called sebum. This substance helps
- Amino Acids: Geranium is full of amino acids. This is important because amino acids are the building blocks of healthy hair.
- Toning: Geranium helps to balance the scalp's pH levels by deep-cleansing the scalp. This can help with both dry and oily dandruff which could contribute to hair loss.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Relieves Tissue Stagnation: Lavender can help to remove dead skin, hydrate the scalp, and create healthy tissue since it is a cicatrisant (skin-healing).
- Tonic: Lavender is considered a tonic which can help to restore vitality throughout your body.
- Relaxing: You might've heard that stress is one of the biggest causes of hair loss. This is true, and if you can keep yourself nice and relaxed with some Lavender Essential Oil, your body can focus on doing what it does best (grow hair).
If you've been losing more hair than you'd like, essential oils can help! Be sure to dilute the essential oils mentioned in this article with a carrier oil and let's get your hair game back on track!